or Toll Free at
Lindsay Tygart comes from a family that loves the law. Her dad was an attorney and mediator, her uncle a judge and her two brothers are attorneys. Lindsay is admitted to The Florida Bar and licensed to practice in state and federal courts in Florida including the United States District Court for the Northern, Southern, and Middle Districts of Florida.
A big Tarheel fan, Lindsay is a graduate of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She received her law degree from Florida Coastal School of Law where she served as the President of the Mock Trial Team. She competed as an advocate on both the State and National levels. In 2006, she received the Barbara McCalla Award for her pro bono efforts in seeking justice for those who are less fortunate.
Lindsay began her legal career working at the Office of the Public Defender here in Jacksonville, where she was able to enhance her litigation and trial skills. She then began working in private practice with Murphy & Anderson, P.A., where she handled complex commercial, products liability and personal injury cases. Lindsay soon realized that her passion was in helping injured people and their families, so she began working at Edwards & Ragatz, P.A. in 2012. Here, she handles a variety of cases involving medical malpractice, nursing home neglect, disability, products liability and motor vehicle accidents.
Lindsay is extremely active in the Jacksonville and Florida Bar Associations. She serves as one of three Fourth Judicial Circuit delegates on the Florida Bar’s Young Lawyers Division Board of Governors and is currently serving as the President of the Young Lawyers Section of the Jacksonville Bar Association. Lindsay is a Barrister in the Chester Bedell Inn of Courts, serves on the Alumni Board at Florida Coastal and is a Past-President of the Jacksonville Women Lawyers Association.
Lindsay is also actively involved in the Jacksonville community, helping organizations like Dreams Come True, Sanctuary on 8th Street, Family Support Services, Catholic Charities, No More Homeless Pets and the Labrador Rescue of Northeast Florida.
In her own words, Lindsay has learned to never take any of God’s blessings for granted, whether it is having a job, supportive friends and family or food on the table. Lindsay has always tried to be gracious and thankful and that one person can make a difference in someone else’s life.
In her spare time, Lindsay enjoys traveling, watching Carolina Basketball, and spending time with her husband, daughter, Salem Grace, and their two black Labradors, Mia and Molly May.
General Civil Litigation
Auto Accident Cases
Nursing Home Neglect
Office of the Public Defender- CLI (2005-2006)
Murphy & Anderson P.A. – Associate (2006-2012)
- Florida- 2006
- Admitted in United States Districts Courts in Northern, Southern & Middle Districts of Florida
- 2002 University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill- BA of Arts, Art History & Dramatic Arts
- Activities: Delta Delta Delta Sorority
- Study Abroad: Lorenzo De Medici, Florence Italy
- 2006 Florida Coastal School of Law- Juris Doctor
- Activities: President of Mock Trial Team
Women Law Students Association
Westlaw Student Representative
Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity
Barbri Student Representative
- Activities: President of Mock Trial Team
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division Board of Governors (2013–present)
- President of JBA Young Lawyers Section (2015-present)
- JBA Young Lawyers Section Board of Governors (2007-present)
- President of Jacksonville Women Lawyer’s Association (2010-2011)
- Jacksonville Women Lawyer’s Association Executive Board (2006-2011)
- FCSL Alumni Board of Directors (2007-present)
- Bolles School Alumni Board of Directors (2007-2011)
- Jacksonville Bar Association Member (2006-present)
- Chester Bedell Inn of Courts (2006, 2008, 2013-present)
- JBA Law Week Chairperson (2011-2012)
- Coach of FCSL Mock Trial Team (2007-2012)
- Dreams Come True
- Family Support Services
- Community Connections
- Guardian ad Litem
- Jacksonville Area Legal Aid
- Sanctuary on the 8th
- No More Homeless Pets
- Labrador Rescue of Northeast Florida
- Recipient of FCSL’s Barbara McCalla Award – 2006
- Recipient of Most Outstanding Member of Young Lawyers Section of Jacksonville Bar (2008)
- Florida Trend’s Legal Elite Rising Star Super Lawyer (2010- present)
- JBA Chairperson of the Year (2011)