Allegations that local plastic surgeon caused botched surgeries and profited off of it reported by Action News Jacksonville state that a local law firm has filed three separate lawsuits against a local plastic surgeon from women alleging disfigurement and pain that resulted from multiple breast implant procedures. The women assert in their lawsuits that their doctor was profiting from mistakes. The three women have pain that won’t go away after the multiple surgeries they underwent with Dr. Loren Claymen. These multiple surgeries included corrective surgeries. The complaints set forth Dr. Clayman’s alleged “deception” and “malpractice”. It went like this:
- Each woman had four to five surgeries and each time Dr. Clayman would cite a deflation issue.
- Clayman would then return the implant to the manufacturer, Alleran, to make a warranty claim of $1,200.00.
- Alleran would find no product defect but refunded Dr. Clayman.
- Clayman failed to keep track of the amount of saline solution he used with each procedure.
The local attorney who represents the women expect other women will come out and start to make the same allegations. As expected, attorneys for Dr. Claymen said there is no merit to the allegations.
According to PlasticSurgery.Org, possible breast augmentation surgery risks include:
- Anesthesia risks
- Changes in nipple or breast sensation
- Poor scarring of skin
- Wrong or faulty position of the implant
- Implant leakage or rupture
- The formation of tight scar tissue around the implant (capsular contracture)
- Fluid accumulation (seroma)
- Wrinkling of the skin over the implant
- Pain, which may persist
- Possibility of revisional surgery
So was this malpractice? This will be interesting to see it play out in the legal system.