Thomas S. Edwards, Jr.
Appointed to a second term on the
Florida Supreme Court Judicial Management Council
Jacksonville, FL: On July 1, 2014 the Florida Supreme Court and Chief Justice Jorge Labarga re-appointed Thomas S. Edwards, Jr. to a four (4) year term with the Florida Supreme Court Judicial Management Council. Mr. Edwards joins Jeffrey Craigmile (General Counsel to Disney World) and Frank Smith (Pensacola) as the three non-judicial members of the fifteen (15) person council.
The Judicial Management Council is created by RULE 2.225 of the Florida Rules of Judicial Administration and is chaired by the Chief Justice. The Management Council advises and assists the Florida Supreme Court in the following areas:
(1) Identifying potential crisis situations affecting the judicial branch and developing strategy to timely and effectively address them;
(2) Identifying and evaluating information that would assist in improving the performance and effectiveness of the judicial branch;
(3) Developing and monitoring progress relating to long-range planning for the judicial branch;
(4) Reviewing the charges of the various court and Florida Bar commissions and committees, recommending consolidation or revision of the commissions and committees, and recommending a method for the coordination of the work of those bodies based on the proposed revisions; and
(5) Addressing issues brought to the council by the Supreme Court.
Edwards & Ragatz, P.A., is a law firm based in Jacksonville, Florida that represents the injured, victims and consumers in all courts. The firm’s attorneys are experienced in handling personal injury, medical malpractice and complex commercial litigation. The attorneys serve in prominent positions in local and state legal and community associations and have testified before the legislature on issues of importance to the justice system.