Doug Clifton is a personal injury and medical malpractice attorney in Jacksonville, FL. Doug began his career working for a statewide insurance defense firm before taking a position with the public defender’s office and shifting his focus from the needs of corporations and businesses to the needs of individuals. He gained tremendous federal court experience as a member of the CJA panel for the Middle District of Florida and is a member of the Northeast Florida Human Trafficking Coalition, working to combat human trafficking in the Jacksonville area. Doug ran a successful solo practice in Jacksonville Beach where he focused on federal criminal defense, personal injury, and survivors of human trafficking and sexual assault. Prior to joining Edwards & Ragatz, Doug worked for a local medical malpractice firm.
Doug is licensed to practice and has conducted trials in both Florida and Pennsylvania.
Doug enjoys spending time with his wife, Emily, and their two sons. They spend their weekends exploring the Jacksonville waterways and trying to squeeze in a little fishing and skateboarding between youth football games.
Bar & Public Service:
- Florida, 2008
- Pennsylvania, 2010
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 2015
- U.S. District Court of North Dakota, 2022
- Member of the Jacksonville Federal Bar Association
- Member of the National Crime Victim Bar Association
- Member of the Jacksonville Justice Association
- Member of the Jacksonville Bar Association
- Member of the Northeast Florida Human Trafficking Coalition
Florida Coastal School of Law
John Carroll University
University Heights, OH