Managing Partner & Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer
Eric C. Ragatz is the Managing Partner of Edwards & Ragatz, P.A. Eric has been a Florida Bar Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer since 2019. He has a Tier 1 Best Law Firms rating in both Medical Malpractice and Personal Injury and is rated AV Preeminent by Martindale Hubbell. Eric specializes in catastrophic injury cases including medical malpractice cases, auto negligence cases, tractor-trailer negligence cases, and premises liability negligence cases.
Eric has achieved numerous jury verdicts as the lead trial attorney with multiple million-dollar verdicts, including one of the largest medical malpractice cases in the history of the state of Florida. Eric is admitted to all Florida courts, all United States District Courts in Florida, and is also a licensed member of the State Bar of Georgia.
Eric loves spending time with his wife, Shannon, and their three daughters. When Eric is not in the courtroom fighting for justice for his clients, he is spending time traveling with his family and friends and spending time outdoors.
Proudest Career Achievements:
- Achieved a verdict for a Jacksonville family against a local hospital for $178,000,000: one of the largest medical malpractice cases in the history of the state of Florida.
- “AV Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Florida Super Lawyer since 2014.
- National Trial Lawyers List: The 2018 Top 100 Trial Lawyers.
Bar & Public Service:
- Georgia, 1997
- Florida, 1996
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida, 1996
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 1996
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 1996
- Board Member of The Florida Justice Association
- Member of Florida ABOTA (American Board of Trial Advocates – Jacksonville Chapter)
- Member of The Jacksonville Bar Association
- Member of The Jacksonville Justice Association
- “The Florida Bar, Florida Civil Practice for Trial”, 7th Ed.
STETSON UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF LAW
J.D. Honors: Cum Laude, 1996
FLORIDA STATE UNIVERSITY
B.S. Major: Finance, Phi Delta Phi Member, 1992