Skip to Content
Available 24/7. Call Us Today! 904-295-1050

Questions About Slip and Fall Injury Claims in Florida


Do you have questions about slip and fall injury claims in Florida? After a serious injury, you may be wondering where you can turn. Contact the experienced Jacksonville personal injury attorneys at Edwards & Ragatz, P.A., to schedule a free consultation and receive the help you deserve.

What if I Was Injured at Somebody’s House?

People who have slipped or fallen on someone’s residential property often call us asking what they should do. We always tell these individuals, the first thing — as in any personal injury case — is you want to get medical treatment immediately to make sure you’re okay. The second thing you need to do is get a lawyer. Your lawyer needs to start organizing things. We need to go to the scene. We need to take photographs. We need to preserve evidence, which is very important. That homeowner, who owns the home where you were injured, may have already contacted their insurance company to conduct the same exact investigation as you. That homeowner already has the adjuster coming out, taking pictures of the residence, and trying to minimize the dangerous condition which caused your injury. That’s why you need to get an attorney immediately, to preserve evidence, to take pictures of the scenes, and to help you navigate that very difficult path of suing for an injury caused on residential property.

Get Our Free Slip & Fall Injury Guide

What if I Was Injured on City Property?

Oftentimes, we get people who have been injured after they fall or trip on a curb, sidewalk, or pothole asking if they can sue the city or county that owns the property. The answer is a resounding yes. If you are hurt due to that county or city’s negligence, you absolutely have the right to go after the city or the county government. There are special rules in these cases, which is why you need an attorney that understands these laws.

For instance, you can’t sue that city or county unless you give them proper statutory notice under the sovereign immunity rules. You need an attorney with experience in suing the county or government and how to navigate that system. Similarly, you need an attorney that can tell you what the caps are on what you are able to recover from that city or county. You need an attorney that can navigate the sovereign immunity.

Contact our experienced Jacksonville slip and fall lawyers to learn more information and receive the help you deserve. If you have any more questions about slip and fall injury claims in Florida, call our office to schedule a free consultation.

Share To:

Tell Us Your Story

Edwards & Ragatz is Here to Relentlessly Pursue Your Justice
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy