Our team of Jacksonville premises liability attorneys can defend you.
In general, property owners have a responsibility to keep their property/facilities safe. Premises liability law is the body of law which makes the person who is in possession of land or property responsible for certain injuries suffered by persons who are present on the premises. This type of law applies to homeowners, small business owners, managers of the major commercial spaces and even owners/tenants renting or leasing a property. If reasonable steps were not taken to protect you from a foreseeable event such as a criminal assault, beating, mugging, rape, shooting or other criminal attacks, you might be entitled to recover damages.
Types of Cases
Some common types of premises liability injury cases include the following situations:
- Slip and Fall
- Inadequate Maintenance
- Defective Conditions
- Inadequate Security
- Broken or uneven sidewalks
- Inadequate outside or inside lighting
- Obstructions on stairways or in aisles
- Spilled water or other slippery conditions on floors
- Debris or other objects in aisles, sidewalks or other passageways
- Broken or missing handrails on stairways
- Uneven steps or defectively built stairways
- Malfunctioning doors or windows
- Dangerously or negligently displayed merchandise
If you think you have been injured in a premises liability case you should call and schedule a free consultation with one of our experienced Jacksonville premises liability attorneys immediately.