Your Medical Malpractice Healing Starts Here.
When we have a medical issue, we go to the doctor. Any treatment or procedure we need is given to us and we trust that it is going to help us, not harm us. Unfortunately, medical professionals make mistakes, too. Those mistakes can cost us our well-being. If you have been harmed by a medical professional or hospital, you may qualify for a medical malpractice case.
If you suspect that you have a medical malpractice case, contact our dedicated and experienced medical malpractice attorneys right away.
Common Medical Malpractice Claims.
Medical malpractice is when a medical professional acts in a negligent way that causes you harm or injury. There are many different kinds of medical malpractice claims, as the term is more of an umbrella that covers many different topics. Here are some examples of specific medical malpractice claims.
- Injuries during labor and birth
- Failing to or misdiagnosing cancer
- Surgical errors and/or mistakes
- Not diagnosing a condition
- Failing to treat a condition
- Defective products
- Pharmaceutical errors
- Misinformation from a doctor
How Medical Malpractice Compensation Works.
Compensation in Florida is a little tricky for medical malpractice. The law states that there should be a limit to what you are allowed to get when you bring a claim against a medical professional. These limitations only apply to compensation for things that are non-economic damages which include mental anguish, pain and suffering, stress, scarring and disfigurement, and loss of companionship. You will not see a cap for damages that are tactile and concrete such as your medical bills, lost wages, and treatments all past and future. There are more complicated aspects to these caps.
Additional Medical Malpractice Information.
Download the free Edwards & Ragatz P.A. Medical Malpractice Guide today for more information regarding what to do if you’ve been seriously injured by a physician or a hospital.
What We’ll Discuss During Your Free Case Consultation.
- Florida Statutes of Limitations: The statute of limitations is the amount of time you are given to bring your case to civil court. Medical malpractice is a little different from the other personal injury cases in Florida. Once you suspect you have a case, we urge you to contact us right away.
- Never Events: A “Never Event” is a clearly identifiable and measurable, serious, and usually preventable medical error or event. “Never Events” fall into a variety of categories and consist of medical errors such as bedsores, wrong-site surgery, and medication errors.
- Other Events: Medical malpractice can occur in a number of different ways, including surgical events, product/device events, environmental events, criminal events, and more. Our goal is to uncover the truth and ensure medical professionals are held accountable.
- Care Management: The failing of care management can range from bedsores and ulcers to a serious disability – or even patient death. From maternal disability after a low-risk pregnancy to Stage 3 decubitus ulcers, we will ensure any hardships caused as a result of care failings face trial.
- Patient Protection: Where it’s an infant discharged to the wrong person, or a patient’s attempted suicide resulting in serious disability while under the care of a health care facility, we will uncover how your loved one was not protected when they should have been.
Choosing a Medical Malpractice Lawyer.
Florida has created a number of protections for health care providers that do not exist for any other aspect of the law. If there is a misstep early in the case, it can be fatal to your case. This is why it’s so important to hire a truly seasoned and experienced medical malpractice lawyer. We hold the largest verdict in the nation for a medical malpractice case in the year 2012 for a reason. In these videos, Tom and Eric explain more about what to look for when selecting a medical malpractice lawyer, and how the foundation of our firm helps us continuously see success for our clients.
What Our Clients Have Said About Us.
“My son suffered a debilitating injury and by the grace of God we were referred to Eric Ragatz for representation. My son had unique circumstances and Eric went above and beyond in recognizing what needed to be done in his situation. Eric was personable, trustworthy and thorough throughout the entire case. Eric has excellent communication skills, continually explaining the options, as well as an attentive and helpful staff. Eric worked very hard for a favorable outcome which resulted in a pivotal difference in my son’s life. We consider Eric Ragatz a Godsend in our life.” – Joyce
“These guys were amazing for my family when we really needed someone to fight for us! We lost our grandmother suddenly to nursing home abuse and really didn’t know where to turn until we found Edwards & Ragatz. They were so knowledgeable, kind but yet fought hard for us. I would definitely recommend them to anyone!” – Andy
“Consummate professionals, caring, compassionate and confident! Attorney Eric Ragatz and his team are amazing. He truly represents your interests and understands it is YOUR future hanging in the balance. Eric is extremely thorough and knows how to “get things done”. He is a “straight-shooter” and is well-versed in the medical malpractice field having years of trial and litigation experience. We are pleased with the experience we had with this firm. Would definitely recommend!” – Amy